The Havel encloses Rathenow with four arms. Here is the 2015 Federal Garden Show instead!
- Lock Spitter: In the 20-ies and 30-ies of the last century, day laborers waiting on Rathenower port on berthing barges, to earn their discharge with a few marks. The long periods of idleness were spent "chatting" and occasional spitting competitions. Therefore, you were popularly known as "lock Spitter". The figure group was created by the sculptor Rathenower Volker-Michael Roth on the occasion of the opening of the State Garden Show in Rathenow.
- Lock keepers cottage in the Gothic Revival style. The Water and Shipping Authority Brandenburg - a federal agency - had the city Rathenow once promised, "If you bring the state garden show to Rathenow, we make the lock keepers cottage chic again." You have kept your word not only here! Since the spring of 2008 may be in the lock keeper's house, the "knot" be given
- Small, but nice historic old town
- Bismarck Tower on the Rathenower vineyard - for fans of the art: Rathenower Brachymedialfernrohr: it is the world's largest of its kind, it was Designed and built in the years 1949-1953 from Rathenower engineer Edwin Rolf (1899-1991). The telescope is a technical monument and has been completely renovated from 1994 to 1996.
- for architecture buffs: Haesler buildings: 1928 was a resident of Celle since 1906 architect Otto Haesler from municipal Rathenower Bauverein the contract for a project of 600 Wohnunge: Strictly according to the principles of the "Bauhaus Dessau" designed, could by the onset of the Great Depression only a part of the project initiated in 1945 Haesler werden.Nach realized the reconstruction of the destroyed old city. To 1951 so were new "Bauhaus Apartments' at the place of youth.
- Kaiserbahnhof: the little beside the Great (station): originally princely pavilion, the house served from 1913 as a separate reception building for the daughter of Kaiser Wilhelm II, Victoria Louise, and her husband Ernst August Duke of Brunswick and Lüneburg, who as an officer for 1913. hussar regiment was transferred to Rathenow.
- the monument of the Great Elector, as Rathenow was still Swedish: The Elector monument is the most important baroque sandstone monument in northern Germany. It was in the years 1736 to 1738 by the sculptor Johann Georg Glume for a model of Bartholome Damart to commemorate the successful battle of the Elector Friedrich Wilhelm of Brandenburg against the Swedes erbaut.Es shows the Great Elector in the garb of a Roman emperor on a pedestal are attached to the allegories and battle reliefs.
- Optics monument: The Optics landmark of the city Rathenow "arc" of the Rathenower artists Michael student and Gerhard Henschel from 2001 is located on the square of youth. The sculpture embodies the connection of the city with the optical industry and the interplay of light and color.
- Optics Industry Museum: From the impressive Rathenower industrial history testify about 15,000 optical instruments, spectacles, science equipment and machinery as well as a specialized library with approximately 10,000 publications. Of course, one of the exhibits, the multi grinder, the rasente development for Optics Rathenow city began in 1801 with a worldwide reputation.
- Sweden House in Böhme: The literary model for Theodor Fontane's novel "Effi Briest" was Baroness Elisabeth von Ardenne, born Baroness and Noble of Plotho. She lived with her family for several years in Rathenow. Her husband, Armand Leon Baron von Ardenne was used as a riding master at the Zieten Hussars. District Briest in Böhne gave his consent that his daughter Elfriede was named after the character in Fontane's famous novel. Briest father is said to have later, when the book was a scandal, very annoyed over his consent.
- Hiking: Numerous marked hiking trails lead into the environment of Rathenow by the Westhavelland Nature Park.